Monday, March 4, 2013

An Update LONG Overdue

So I know everyone is probably like "well, that was SHORT LIVED".

THINK AGAIN! I have not fallen off the fitness wagon! I may have stumbled a few times but I promise I have not stopped working!

I have just started the real struggle of balancing working 50 hours a week and working out 6 times a week. I'm on the home stretch now and it feels good. I hit a few road bumps... working so many hours and so long sometimes I fall asleep as soon as I come home without even getting the chance to work out or even eat dinner! I just get so tired that I pass out as soon as I get home. I have been pretty good at making up workouts that I miss, and then BAM. Here comes Aunt Flo. For boys reading this, I apologize this might be too much information. But girls, I know you feel me. I still got through the workouts, but man it was tough.

And I have to admit I've caved a little on my diet too. Cheat meals have almost expanded into cheat weekends, and there are some workouts I'm still a bit behind on. I think I'm getting burned out a little from INSANITY, but I'm not going to quit. I'm going to power through this. Month 2 workouts are WAY more intense than month 1. They are longer, and much, much harder. But I'm not going to use that as an excuse not to finish this out. I want my T-Shirt!

Today was my first personal training session at Gold's. I joined the gym last week so that I can start working out there after work and there is also one close to my house that I can go to on weekends. The trainer was surprised at my knowledge of workouts (thanks to my boo, Rudy) and approved of my diet (yay!). I did a workout today using TRX straps (basically straps that you use for a body weight exercise) and Jacob's ladder (aka HELL). It was a lot of fun to mix it up and I get my first full training session Friday at 5am (YIKES). The best part of my evening, however, was when I stepped onto the scale. Despite all the slacking I've been doing lately, I weighed in at 150lbs. That's the weight that I had on my skinny picture from summer! I'm only 10 pounds away from my goal now! And I was at 26% bodyfat, which is a perfectly healthy percentage! Great news and great progress :) This is motivation for me to finish this program strong!

No comments:

Post a Comment