Monday, January 7, 2013

Dig Deeper (INSANITY Day One)

Guess what the UPS guy brought me today :))

The set: A fancy box containing the set of 10 DVD's, a fitness guide, a nutritional guide, and the wall calendar


I have to admit I was a little intimidated and nervous to start and put off working out until almost 11pm tonight. Now my mind and heart is racing because I'm completely energized (plus I just took my pre-workout earlier) and I'll probably not be able to sleep till later... oh well...

Anyway, I can see why when I was looking for used INSANITY tests a lot of them only had one DVD used... the first DVD is the fit test and let me tell you, it is a DOOZIE. All the first day of the program is a 25-minute fit test. It consists of a 5 minute warm-up, 8-one minute tests, and a 5 minute cool down. There are 8 different moves (switch kicks, power jacks, power knees, power jumps, globe jumps, suicide jumps, push-up jacks, and low-plank oblique) and you do as many as you can in one minute then record your results. You re-take the test again on days 15, 36, 50, and 63 (pretty much every 2 weeks) so you can track your progress. I'll keep you posted on day 15 if I have any improvement!

I had to take several breaks and at one point felt like I might pass out, but I never gave up. Even the "machines" on the video had to take breaks, and that's ok! The point is that you push yourself as hard as you can go until you pretty much can't go anymore. Then you take a breather, and push again. Hence, "dig deeper". I haven't worked out in almost a month, and just started my clean eating regimen. Once I've been used to eating better and get into the swing of working out, it'll get easier. Just give it two weeks. That's all you really need to start forming habits.

If you are interested in seeing my "before" stats, you can click on the "progress" tab on my blog. Every time I take the fit test, I'll post my results as well as measurements, weight, and pictures. It takes a lot for me to put my body out there like that but I know by day 60 I'll be proud to pose for the camera!

Day One down, 59 more to go :))





No comments:

Post a Comment