Friday, January 11, 2013

Get Fit, or Get Out (INSANITY Day 5)

Today's workout was probably the hardest one so far. Super crazy. It sounds so simple... "Pure Cardio". Don't be fooled. Pretty much all the hardest stuff from the Power Cardio and Resistance and the Plyometric Cardio Circuit were compiled into this one death video. And next week I have to add abs to it?!?!?!?!

Anyway, today's INSANE workout was fueled by my NEW favorite love, Spaghetti Squash! I swear this is the miracle vegetable and it will change your life forever.

If you're like me, you LOVE pasta and noodles. A while back my family switched to whole wheat noodles, but even then they have a LOT of carbs, and frankly don't taste very good. The wholesome noodle doesn't soak up sauce very well. Thanks to Pinterest, I have found the most amazing thing I have every laid eyes on...


Yes,  this is real! I had my doubts but I decided to try it. I bought a spaghetti squash at HEB, cut it in half, and roasted it in the oven for about an hour cut side down (skin side up) at 400 degrees. I let it cool a bit so I could pick it up, and used a fork to separate the strands. You don't have to shred it! Just use the fork to fluff it up and noodle-like strands fall right out! And it tastes AMAZING! The squash by itself (no seasonings, no butter, no oil) tastes great by itself, but mixed in with some marinara and you can barely taste the difference between it and white pasta. It soaks up sauce beautifully and has a measly 46 calories per cup. FOURTY-SIX. How awesome is that?!?! Me and my family fell in love and swore to never eat pasta again! (except for cheat meals, of course). I've already pinned so many recipes mmmmmm!

Tomorrow is my parent's 28th anniversary and I can't wait to have some sushi as a delicious cheat meal! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment