Sunday, January 27, 2013

Guilty Pleasures (INSANITY DAY 21)

Three weeks in! I've done 20 workouts of this craziness! And I'm already starting to see some results! You can check my "Progress" tab for a more outlined change, but in the three weeks that I've been working (actually these measurements were taken at 2.5 weeks) I've lost 2.5 lbs, an inch off my waist and butt, and half an inch off each thigh! I've also gained about half an inch on my biceps. I couldn't stop staring at the definition in my arms today after my INSANITY workout.


 This week is the last week of month one before the recovery week of core cardio and balance before moving on to the "maxed out" month two, where the workouts are longer and harder. The timing works out because if I get offered the position I'm interviewing for the "off week" will fall on the week where I will be in a hotel most of the week due to orientation. The videos are starting to become easier, so I decided to add weights as an extra challenge. I used my mom's Zumba toning sticks today during the warm-up and during one of the circuits (they're basically weighted maracas) and my arms are dead! Tomorrow, I'm going to use ankle weights :)

This weekend I had a few splurges because we had a party at the house. The food we served was actually very healthy and we made a fabulous berry and almond salad as well as baked fish and mango salsa and edamame. But we also had some Filipino splurges and of course desert. My mom made this to-die-for fruit cake that is just so moist and yummy. And I ended up having to cave on the girl scout cookies because my mom's goddaughter was selling them so we bought a box of Mango Cremes. They're vanilla coconut cookie sandwiches with a mango creme in the middle... kind of like a tropical oreo. They are soooo yummy and I somehow ate SIX of them today (two servings), along with two pieces (not all in one sitting) of my mom's pineapple paradise cake. YIKES. Still under my calorie count thankfully, and I did extra work in today's INSANITY workout. But I definitely felt the cake while I was working out. Oh well. We're all human and I'm hitting the clean eating again this week. But hey, it must be a good sign if I'd rather have a mango cookie over a peanut butter patty or a thin mint... right?

1 comment:

  1. Gah, I need to get back to it. You look great!! Keep it up! Oh, and my splurge this weekend was me caving to buying some of the new Blue Bell mint cookies 'n' cream ice cream. I'm pretty sure this new flavor is the solution to world peace. =P

    ReplyDelete