Thursday, January 3, 2013

New Year, New You (How original, right?)

Happy New Year! It's officially 2013, and everyone knows what that means... New Year's resolutions. And of course, like everyone else, my resolution is to lose weight. But unlike everyone else, I really mean business. Last year, my roommates and I made the resolution to be healthier so that we could lose weight in time for Spring Break. My roommate Chelsea started running with me, and together we both ran 100 miles over the semester! My other roommate Hannah joined a cross-fit class and saw great results with that. Between January 2012 and January 2013, I have lost 15 pounds! I hope to repeat that goal again, only this time, I will do it by Spring Break 2013 when I will reunite with my friends! They are still in school and have access to a free gym now, and I have moved back home and hopefully will start working now that I have graduated. I know that while working full-time, going to the gym will be difficult, and I am not exactly sure where I will begin, so today I ordered this off of Amazon:

A couple years ago me and my friends attempted this program and let me tell you , it must work because it is HARD. We enjoyed doing it, but we had to quit after two weeks because we lived on the second floor and our downstairs neighbors complained of our noise. I decided to use this program instead of a traditional gym (although I am passionate about the gym, don't get me wrong I love cardio and lifting weights!) because I can do it from the comfort of my home in my own time, and once I get settled and find a job I'll get a gym membership where I think it will work best for me. So get ready, my daily posts will include how my workout went! Hopefully I'll be able to start Monday because I got rush delivery! We'll see if I can "Dig Deeper"! I'll probably include a little snippet each day just of my life in general and what I ate, etc. Cheers to 2013 and a new ME! :)

1 comment:

  1. Welcome to the world of fitness blogging, dear cousin!! Good luck to both of us!!

    ReplyDelete