Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Weekend Update (INSANITY DAY 16)

So I promised a more thorough post tonight since I wasn't a very good blogger this weekend and skipped out last night due to an early interview this morning. For those of you who were wondering, it went pretty well! I had mixed impressions of what the manager thought of me, but I received a call from the general manager for a third interview so that has to be a good sign, right?

Anyway, this weekend I went to visit Rudy in Belton. When I got there, we went to the gym and did a shoulder workout following the Body Beast workout by Beachbody, a bodybuilding series. If you're looking at me funny for saying the word "bodybuilding"... take a look at an earlier post about the benefits of strength training. Then we did the Power Cardio and Resistance video together and then followed up with the Cardio Recovery video to make up for the fact we both skipped it the day before. Talk about tiring.. I spent literally THREE HOURS in the gym that day! Plus, seeing myself doing the workouts in the mirror were both scary and awesome at the same time. Rudy was very impressed with my endurance which was definitely a confidence boost :)

We rewarded ourselves with a trip to Chipoltle. Now, before you frown... you can actually get a healthy meal at Chipoltle! What we did is we got lean steak (I would recommend chicken but we decided to splurge a little... we did not know at the time that we would be eating ALL of our meals out that weekend), with brown rice and black beans and loaded up on the veggies and had guacamole instead of cheese or sour cream. Add a double portion of lettuce and you've got a delicious meal that's low in fat and high in protein.



After our trip to Chipolte, we walked around a bit to loosen up our tired muscles then took a trip to HEB that was supposed to be a trip to stock up on healthy groceries and ingredients for some clean dinners we were going to cook together over the weekend. What ended up happening was Rudy's old roomate called him and said he was coming to get his stuff that he left behind when he did not come back for the Spring semester, including the fridge they shared. Rudy and I soon realized that we could not stock up on the veggies and clean ingredients we wanted because we had no way to store them :(

So we went back home, showered off and relaxed the rest of the night. We snacked on some of the leftover lean meats we knew we had to get rid of them before his roommate arrived or they would go to waste. We slept in the next morning and then I fixed us a brunch of whatever I could find in the fridge. So I sauteed some mushrooms, spinach, and carrots and created a bed for lean pork chops topped with fried eggs and a sprinkle of fat free cheddar cheese. It ended up being really yummy!

After our food settled we went to the gym and worked it out once more. This time we did Pure Cardio (the hardest video in my opinon) and then followed it with Cardio Abs. THAT was hard. I left the gym almost limping. Afterwards we got ready to go on a dinner date which we had originally planned to be our cheat meal for the week. We went to BJ's and ordered an appetizer of boneless wings and we both got burgers. I ordered the "california burger", which is a lean angus burger served on sourdough toast with avocado, sauteed mushrooms and onions and crispy shoestring fries. But interestingly enough... I couldn't even eat it. The bread was far too greasy (and that was the first time I've eaten white bread in almonst a month) and I only ate about half the burger. My body was dehydrated so I devoured the fries. I regretted it later, though. I felt so gross and full... I'd rather feel energized and healthy like I do when I eat clean. Rudy and I decided that our next cheat meals would be a little less extravagant.

Then we met up with some old friends and went dancing. I had four drinks (also kind of a splurge, with all the sugar). Alcohol is NOT clean at all, but I figured since I was offsetting it with dancing, it would be okay. Besides, I do not drink very often and I definitely avoid beer. They call it beer gut for a reason.

The next morning, we went to Church and then went to Jason's deli for lunch. Rudy and I both stuck to the salad bar but I do admit I splurged on a couple of their small muffins and I got a small cup of soup that I split with Rudy along with my salad and fruit. We both also indulged a little bit of the free frozen yogurt they have. Afterwards we saw Zero Dark Thirty (so good!) and then took complete advantage of our rest day by taking a nice long nap.

Then we decided to continue our movie night with a couple of rentals: Ted and The Five Year Engagement. Since we had no fridge, we had to resort to using microwave frozen meals for dinner. We got Healthy Choice steam meals, that have fresh veggies that steam right in the microwave and then you mix the ingredients afterwards. I also made greek yogurt spinach dip (thanks Pinterest!)




All I did was sautee a box of fresh baby spinach and then add it to a tub of nonfat plain greek yogurt. Then I added some spices such as garlic and onion and then added some parmesean from Pizza Hut from a while back (no fridge, remember?) We ate it with some blue corn tortilla chips. So good!

The next morning we slept in again, and went to Genghis Grill for lunch. Mongolian BBQ can actually be healthy, as you choose exactly what goes in your plate. I decided to stick with yummy lean seafood and used fish, shrimp, and scallops and TONS of veggies and put it on brown rice. It was delicious. I was sad to leave Rudy behind but after lunch I drove home. After getting home, I ate a small snack of some fruit and then later that night I did the INSANITY fit test, as yesterday was day 15. And WOW! I did SO much better. Even if I don't have any huge results in terms of my body just yet, just my endurance and performance has improved so much since day 1! So awesome :))

Today I tried to go back to my 4-5 meal a day regimen. Rudy and I really wanted to do that this weekend but it just wasn't feasible as we had to eat all of our meals out. I also admit that I fell off counting my calories a little bit, but I did not stop doing INSANITY, which is my goal. Of course again it's late, and I'm attempting to fix my poor sleeping schedule as I'm hoping that soon I will be joining the workforce. Goodnight!

No comments:

Post a Comment